Launch.it partners with CEA to power interactive news channel for Eureka Park startup exhibitors at the 2013 CES®
Official news guide for all media, attendees and investors exclusively for Eureka Park exhibitors
Launch.it, the event news and social information management platform, announced today its partnership with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the preeminent trade association for the consumer electronics industry, to power the official news channel for their Eureka Park exhibitors at the 2013 International CES®. Through this partnership, Eureka Park exhibitors will have their own branded news site providing all CES media, attendees and investors access to exhibitor company news, updates and announcements all in one, easy to search, central location. This platform ensures that the more than 130 startups exhibiting in Eureka Park at the 2013 CES, the world’s largest innovation event, can easily be found, discovered and shared before, during and after the event.
The Eureka Park TechZone is the premier destination at the 2013 CES where retailers, venture capitalists, manufacturers and other key attendee groups will find budding entrepreneurs, fledgling startups and homegrown innovation. Eureka Park is presented in partnership with the National Science Foundation and Startup America, an independent nonprofit entity launched at the White House in 2011 to help young companies succeed in order to accelerate job growth in America.
“Every great company starts with a eureka moment, a unique idea that launches the next must-have product or service. And through our partnership with CEA, we have ensured that you can now find these companies within their dedicated home in the Eureka Park TechZone and online through their dedicated interactive news site,” said Brian Cohen, CEO and Co-Founder of Launch.it. “I’ve worked at and attended CES for more than thirty years and it has been one of the best places to find these fledgling start-ups and diamond in-the-rough companies waiting to be discovered and make it big.”
Through this partnership all participating companies have access to the following Launch.it platform tools:
· In-depth social analytics
· Wiki-like environment to make story updates in real-time
· Investors and media can follow companies to get real-time updates
· An action box to engage readers for investment and media opportunities
· Facebook comments for insight and feedback
· Rich multimedia, tags and geo-location for enhanced engagement and discoverability
· “Buy it and Trial it” buttons to drive users directly to point of purchase
· Customized tweets for precise messaging and branding
“CEA recognized early on that startups are now an integral part of the consumer electronics industry and created Eureka Park to cultivate and support the passionate entrepreneurs,” said Trace Cohen, President and Co-Founder of Launch.it. “Having attended CES for the past few years, Eureka Park, in it’s first year last year, was one of my favorite areas to walk through because of the innovative startups looking to disrupt multiple industries. Best of all, I had the opportunity to ask questions, meet the passionate founders behind the ideas and can now support them through our partnership to make sure all their news can be easily found, discovered and shared.”
The Eureka Park TechZone, located in The Venetian, launched in June 2011 with 28 companies signed on to exhibit. The area has since grown to include 94 companies in 2012 and over 130 in 2013, spanning more than 13,000 net square feet of exhibit space.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $206 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online: www.CE.org and www.DeclareInnovation.com. Follow CES atwww.CESweb.org and through social media.
Launch.it believes that all new products, services and ideas should be easy to find, discover, and share. Their "News and Information Management Platform" is currently being used by conferences/events to create a central location for all their exhibitor and partner news. Essentially it replaces press kits and flash drives that companies would normally have to spend a great deal of time preparing and distributing with an online social environment that has analytics and directly engages the attendees and media through their consumer-facing site with search capabilities.
- Key Messages
- Launch.it is the event news and social information management platform
- Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® is the preeminent trade association for the consumer electronics industry
- The Eureka Park TechZone is the premier destination at the 2013 CES where retailers, venture capitalists, manufacturers and other key attendee groups will find budding entrepreneurs, fledgling startups and homegrown innovation.
- The Eureka Park TechZone, located in The Venetian, launched in June 2011 with 28 companies signed on to exhibit. The area has since grown to include 94 companies in 2012 and over 130 in 2013, spanning more than 13,000 net square feet of exhibit space.